How to make Chocolate Bread Pudding
Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe is another sweet treat for all the chocolate lovers out there. It is rich and oozing with yummy goodness in every bite, which definitely will fill your cravings for chocolate, a comfort food it is. This bread pudding can be served warm or cold just let it cool, and then refrigerate for an hour covered with plastic wrap.
Since the usual pudding is famously known as a breakfast food while this version is also perfect for desserts. Chocolate Bread Pudding is such an easy recipe to learn and it only needs some simple ingredients such as leftover bread and chocolate which can be done for over an hour.
Filipino Chocolate Bread Pudding Ingredients
- Leftover breads or 1 loaf bread, sliced
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 Whole eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 1/4 cups White sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 can Evaporated milk(370ml)
- 1 Fresh milk(250ml)
- 1 All-purpose Cream (250ml)
- 1 cup Choco chips, chopped
Choco Bread Pudding Instructions:
- Prepare a large bowl, slice the bread, then place the bread in the bowl.
- In a saucepan combine cream and milk and cook in a medium high heat until slightly simmer.
- Add-in a pinch of salt and cocoa powder, then mix well to combine and fire off the heat then set aside the chocolate custard.
- In a separate bowl, combine whole eggs, sugar and egg yolks, use a whisk then mix well until frothy.
- Add-in small amount of Cocoa mixture to the Egg mixture to temper the eggs then whisk well.
- Pour the Egg mixture to the saucepan of the remaining Cocoa mixture then whisk well to completely combine.
- Pour the mixture over the bowl of sliced bread.
- Add-in the chopped Chocolate and stir to mix well.
- Let the sliced bread soak in the mixture for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300F/148C.
- Greased an 8×8 bake pan, pour the pudding mixture into it.
- Pour and spread the chocolate custard mixture evenly over the bread mixture.
- Sprinkle with the extra choco chips.
- Bake the Chocolate Bread Pudding for about 40 mins.
- You will know its done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean and slightly moist.
- Turn off the oven, transfer Bread Pudding on a cooling rack to cool.
- Serve with Soda or Coffee.