Last Updated on July 12, 2016 by Ed Joven
Filipino style Banana Bread
The only Banana Bread recipe you’ll ever need, because it is so delicious and easy to make.
You will love this Banana bread because it is very moist and has a full banana flavor. You can add raisins or chocolate chips to give it a chocolatey flavor. If you are looking for Banana bread recipe this is perfect even without the chocolate chips.
Banana Bread Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (we suggest lakatan)
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or chocolate chips (optional)
Banana Bread Cooking Instructions:
- Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2×4 1/2×2 1/2 inches, or 1 loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches.
- Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended.
- Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened.
- Stir in chocolate chips or raisins. Pour into pans.
- Bake 8-inch loaves about 1 hour, 9-inch loaf about 1 1/4 hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing.
- Serve hot or wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Here’s the ready to serve Filipino Style Banana Bread
Please let us know your feedback about this famous Filipino Banana Bread Recipe