Last Updated on July 10, 2022 by Ed Joven
How to cook Bulanglang na Hipon
Bulanglang Recipe – Many people associate healthy eating food to food that tastes bland and empty. However, that is not entirely true. There is a lot of Filipino food that can help you stick to your healthy lifestyle or diet, a lot of them are easy to make. One dish that you can try to make is one that is quite famous in the Batangas province. This dish is made in almost every part of the country, but the recipe that is made in Batangas has got to be the best.
As mentioned earlier, what we are introducing is a very healthy dish that keeps you on track with your healthy lifestyle or diet. But you may ask, what makes this dish “healthy”?
The ingredients of Bulanglang vegetable soup provide a lot of nutritional benefits that give a lot of beneficial components to your body. Squash, which is a main ingredient of the recipe, contains high levels of vitamins A and C. Vitamin A is what protect our eyes, and it increases the strength of our immune system, while Vitamin C can lower the blood pressure and fight chronic diseases. Another main ingredient for Bulanglang is green papayas. Green papayas have Potassium and Magnesium. Potassium helps decrease the risk of kidney problems, and Magnesium strengthens our bones.
Healthy and natural are the two words you can associate with Bulanglang Recipe – Healthy ingredients and easy recipe. The recipe can be just be categorized as chopping and boiling of the components; that’s all there is to it.
Bulanglang Recipe Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Bulanglang na Hipon Recipe
- 1/2 cup shrimp de-veined
- 1/4 medium sized butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 bundle string beans sliced
- 8 pcs okra sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red onion chopped
- 5 pcs tomatoes chopped
- 1 piece eggplant sliced
- 2 tablespoons bagoong alamang if not available use Rufina Patis
- black pepper ground
- 4 cups water
- Canola Oil
- In a pot add oil then, add garlic and onion and sauté for a minute;
- Add-in tomatoes and cook until it becomes soft.
- Add okra and string beans, eggplants then, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in water then add the shrimps, butternut squash and bagoong, bring to a boil and simmer for 8 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Season with black pepper then serve.
Try also our Laswa Recipe
Bulanglang Recipe is a healthy vegetable soup originated from Batangas, it is best paired with fried fish.
Favorite Filipino Vegetable Recipes: