How to cook Caramel Bread Pudding
Bread pudding has started to grace our dinner table as early as 11th century. It is a frugal way to not waste stale or leftover bread while turning it into a tastier dish. Nowadays, it has become a much-loved dessert but can still be made savory when mixed with the right ingredients.
If you like the flavor and texture of a caramel flan, Caramel Bread Pudding is ideal for you. This version is still made of stale bread, milk or cream and eggs with store-bought caramel syrup.
Best with whipped cream on top. It’s like eating a caramelized French Toast for dessert! So just follow this easy-to-make recipe completely for the best bread pudding you have ever had.
How to make Caramel Bread Pudding :
Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1 pack large slice bread cubes
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 stick butter melted
- 4 medium eggs @ room temp.
- 3/4 cups refine sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 2½ cups Evaporated or Fresh Milk
- ½ cup caramel syrup + extra to drizzle on top (homemade or store bought)
- 2 tsp. vanilla or 1½ tsp. almond extract
- 1/8 cup almond slices optional
- Prepare an ungreased rectangular 13x9x2.5 baking pan. Slice loaf bread into small cubes or any leftover bread and place the bread in the baking pan.
- Add raisins and scattered from side to side generously and set aside. In a saucepan, heat the butter on a low heat until light brown and let it cool. Or you can simple microwave the butter, pulse in 1 minute and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, In a large deep mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar and salt and whisk until sugar dissolves. Pour in melted butter, milk, caramel syrup and vanilla or almond extract. Whisk until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour custard mixture into the baking pan and let the bread soaked for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven at 350F for at least 15 minutes. With a spoon or spatula lightly press down the bread mixture evenly at the bottom of the pan. Add almond slices on top and drizzle with extra caramel syrup.
- Bake the pudding for about 35-38 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly. Bread Pudding is best eaten while its warm but some prefer at room temp. Drizzle Caramel Syrup on top and serve.
This Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe with Almonds is yummy and so easy to prepare, your family will love it!