Last Updated on
How to make Filipino Bread Pudding
Bread Pudding Recipe is a bread-based dessert popular in many countries and there is no fixed recipe, the main ingredient usually made using left-over bread or scrap bread, milk and eggs. In other countries Bread pudding is served with a sweet sauce of some sort, such as whiskey sauce, rum sauce, or caramel sauce but in the Philippines we serve it with vanilla ice cream or butter on top.
Filipino Bread Pudding Ingredients
- 6 cups cubed (Tasty) bread
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 1/4 cups refine sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups Full Cream Evaporated Milk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
Filipino Bread Pudding Cooking Instructions
- Prepare rectangular 12x8x2 baking pan. Slice the leftover bread or scrap bread into small cubes make about 6 heaping cups.
- Place the bread in the baking pan, then add the raisins and cashew nuts, distribute evenly on the pan.
- In a saucepan heat the butter on a low heat until light brown and let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, sugar and salt then whisk until sugar dissolves. A
- dd the evaporated milk and vanilla extract in the egg mixture and whisk well to combine.
- Add in the melted butter and whisk well to incorporate.
- Lastly, pour the egg mixture in the pan of bread and raisin and let is soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 350F for about 15 minutes. With a spoon lightly press down the bread mixture evenly at the bottom of the pan.
- Bake bread pudding for about 35 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool on a rack completely.
- Serve with butter on top or Vanilla Ice cream.
Try this Pinoy style Bread Pudding from Filipino Recipes Portal.
Filipino Bread Pudding is best served with Vanilla ice Cream .