Filipino Chicken Liver Steak Recipe
Some people do not like the bitter and the gamy taste of liver. However, you will get to love the delectable taste of Chicken Liver Steak in Filipino style. The blend of the marinated and fried liver in onion sauce and other ingredients will definitely bring out a unique blend of flavor and aroma.
If you want to give Filipino Chicken Liver Steak Recipe a bite, then you will have first to learn how to cook this particular course. In this respect, the manner of cooking is way too simple and easy. As a matter of fact, it is just similar with the Bistek Tagalog you knew.
Chicken Liver Steak Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo Chicken liver
- 2 whole garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 pcs Calamansi
- 2 medium sized onions (ringed)
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 4 tablespoon Canola oil
- 2 hardboiled eggs, sliced
- 2 stalks of green onions, sliced for garnish
How to cook Chicken Liver Steak :
- Mix the calamansi juice, soy sauce and garlic and ground pepper and ginger together.
- Add the Chicken Liver and marinate in the mixture for 1 hour or more.
- Heat oil in frying pan at low fire.
- Put the marinated liver in the frying pan, fry on both sides but do not over cook, set aside.
- On the same pan add the onions and cook it until soft.
- Add the liver and the marinate mixture in the pan and simmer it until the sauce thickens.
- Add the sliced hard boiled eggs then mix.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with garlic rice.
Chicken Liver Steak is a marinated fried liver in soy sauce, calamansi juice, and onion sauce.