Send this Recipe to a Friend...
GD Star Rating
Kaldereta Kambing is one of the meat dishes every Filipino has come to love. It is a favorite pulutan and is a requisite during fiestas. You can always find it in the menus of authentic Filipino restaurant or even in “turo-turo” type restaurant.
Estimated preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Kalderetang Kambing Ingredients:
1 kg Goat meat
- 1 can button mushroom, cut into halves
- 2 medium size onion, chopped
- 1/2 head garlic, chopped
- 1 can liver spread
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pkt. kaldereta mix
- 5-8 peppercorns, crushed
- 2 medium size green/red bell pepper, cut into 1â€ square
- 2 medium size potato, quartered
- 1 medium size carrots, cut same size as potato
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. vinegar
- 3 siling labuyo
- 3 bay leaf
Kalderetang Kambing Cooking Instructions:
Kalderetang Kambing Recipe (Goat Kaldereta) ,
- Marinate goat meat with vinegar, a dash of salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain marinate and stir fry meat until color changes to light brown, keep aside.
- In a casserole pan, sautÃ© garlic and onion, add meat and sautÃ© for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, tomato sauce and liver spread, stir cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 3-4 cups of water, crushed pepper corns and bay leaf simmer for 30 minutes or until meat are tender.
- Add potato, carrots, mushroom siling labuyo and kaldereta mix diluted in 1/2 cup of water, simmer for another 10 minutes or until vegetable are cooked and sauce thickens.
- Add bell pepper, season with salt and cook for another 30 seconds,
- Serve hot with Rice.
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipes:
Highly Recommended Filipino Recipe Books:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>