Last Updated on March 3, 2023 by Ed Joven
How to cook Utan Bisaya
Sometimes all you need is a fresh, simple, and tasty viand for lunch. This Utan Bisaya recipe ticks off all those boxes! Made with delicious vegetables and flaked galunggong, It’s famous in the Visayan region for making a healthy broth that’s packed with flavor.
Utan Bisaya is packed with many vitamins and healthy nutrients that can boost your health but make sure you limit your rice intake. Galunggong enhances its flavor, and if you want it spicy, you can add bird’s eye chillis.
It is closely similar to other Philippine vegetable dishes such as Laswa in Western Visayas, Dinengdeng Recipe of Ilocos region, and Batangas Bulanglang Recipe.
This vegetable soup is so delicious and best served with fried Galunggong and hot steamed rice.
Ingredients and Procedure Utan Bisaya :
Utan Bisaya Recipe
- 1 cup Gabi
- 1 cup Pumpkin
- 2 pcs Sitaw
- 1 pcs Eggplant
- 3 pcs Okra
- 4 cups Water
- 1 pc small Patola
- 3 pcs fried Galunggong
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Magic Sarap® 8g
- 1/2 cup Malunggay
- 1/2 cup Alugbati
- Season galunggong with Maggi Magic Sarap, then fry it until it’s golden brown.
- Set it aside to cool while you prepare the veggies for this Utan Bisaya recipe.
- Prepare kalabasa, gabi, sitaw, okra, talong, and patola by cubing it into pieces for boiling.
- Flake the fried galunggong and start boiling water for your Utan Bisaya!
~Time to cook our Utan Bisaya ~
- In a large pan or wok pour 4 cups of water then bring it to boil
- Put the cubed kalabasa and gabi in the boiling water and let it simmer for 5 minutes, then add the talong, sitaw, and okra.
- Simmer for 3 another minutes then add galunggong and patola.
- Add sachet(8g) MAGGI MAGIC SARAP and alugbati and malunggay leaves, then simmer it for 1 minute.
- Now you’re ready to enjoy this yummy dish on a rainy day!
Utan Bisaya is the best soup during the rainy days paired with fried Galunggong. This All-in-ONEderful dish is healthy and loaded with delicately boiled vegetables.
Filipino Vegetable Recipes:
- Shrimp Sinigang with Cabbage Recipe
- Chop suey Recipe
- Bulanglang Recipe
- Laswa Recipe
- Chicken Tinola Recipe
- Pinakbet Recipe
- Bake Broccoli Cheese Recipe
- Top 18 Delicious Filipino Soup Recipes for Rainy days