Last Updated on April 22, 2021 by Ed Joven
How to cook Healthy Bake Broccoli Cheese
Healthy Bake Broccoli Cheese Recipe – Most of the kids nowadays are picky eaters. They don’t want to try new dishes, especially if it contains even a small amount of food that they don’t like veggies, particularly. That is probably one of the dilemmas by Mom’s to make their children eat nutritious foods.
So here’s a delightful and healthy recipe idea which the whole family will surely enjoy, it is the Bake Broccoli Cheese. Since we all know that kids love bacon and cheese, they would absolutely can’t resist this dish.
Preparing this healthy dish is very easy, but don’t overcook the broccoli to take in the full beneficial effects found in this vegetable. Broccoli has an enzyme called myrosinase, which helps reduce the risk of developing cancer. If you overcooked, it might decrease its beneficial properties.
To know more about the health benefits of broccoli visit the Top 10 Health Benefits of Broccoli
This Bake Broccoli Cheese is indeed a mouth-watering comfort food, sprinkled with bacon on top and creamy cheese sauce, which is bursting with enticing flavors and nutrition and baked to perfection.
Bake Broccoli Cheese Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Healthy Broccoli Cheese Bake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup real Bacon Bits
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in onion and cheddar cheese until cheese is melted.
- Drain broccoli; stir into cheese sauce.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Recommended Vegetable Recipe: Chopsuey
Bake Broccoli Cheese is a mouth-watering vegetable dish, with creamy cheese sauce and sprinkled bacon on top.