Last Updated on July 12, 2016 by Ed Joven
How to cook Spicy Shrimp and Asparagus Chinese Stir Fry
Spicy Shrimp and Asparagus Chinese Stir Fry Recipe is a great and easy to prepare with great flavor. This dish is fast enough to make for a weeknight but also tasty for special occasions.
Spicy Shrimp and Asparagus Chinese Stir Fry Recipe is a chinese influenced entrée flavored with soy, white wine and sesame, rich in vitamins and minerals. And it is also low in calories and fat.
Spicy Shrimp and Asparagus Chinese Stir Fry Ingredients
- 17 medium sized shrimp
- 230 grams green asparagus
- 2 Red Chilies, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon cane vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Spicy Shrimp and Asparagus Chinese Stir Fry Cooking Instructions:
- Peel, devein and butterfly the shrimp you must leave the tails intact.
- Wash asparagus thoroughly and cut off tough ends. Cut each Asparagus spear into 4 diagonal cuts.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a hot wok or large frying pan. Add half the shrimp and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Remove shrimp from wok or pan and set aside. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Add remaining oil to hot wok. Stir in asparagus, thinly sliced red chilies and garlic. Stir fry for 30 seconds, stirring constantly so that garlic does not burn.
- Put shrimp back into the wok then add the wine, the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds and sesame oil. Stir fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add the water then simmer for 30 seconds or until shrimp are just cooked through.
- Arrange shrimp and asparagus on a large plate.
- Serve with hot Rice.
Here’s the ready to serve Spicy Shrimp and Asparagus Chinese Stir Fry Recipe.