Last Updated on May 20, 2019 by Ed Joven
How to cook Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe is so easy and quick to prepare but tastes so good that many restaurants include this on their regular menu like the night markets, better known as “Dampa”. This is the reason why some call this dish as Dampa Shrimp.
The traditional way of preparing this Butter, Garlic Shrimp is by marinating the shrimp into Lemon or Orange Soda then stir fry it using butter with lots of garlic. It is so easy to cook and all done under 20 minutes. Be sure to watch carefully so that the shrimp don’t get overcooked!
It goes nicely with garlic rice. You can also serve Garlic Butter Shrimp as an appetizer with your favorite alcoholic beverages or beer as pulutan.
Ingredients and Cooking Procedure of Garlic Butter Shrimp :
Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
- 1/4 kilo shrimp
- 2 tbsp scallions chopped for garnish
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes optional
- 1 cup lemon or orange soda
- salt to taste
- In a deep bowl, pour the Lemon or Orange Soda then add the shrimp.
- Marinate the shrimp in soda for about 15 to 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and apply heat until hot enough to cook the garlic
- Add the garlic and cook until the color turns to golden brown
- Add the shrimp and then cook until the color turns orange.
- Pour the remaining lemon or orange soda marinade.
- Turn the fire to low then simmer until the liquid evaporates completely.
- Add ground black pepper, chili flakes and salt as needed.
- Sprinkle with scallions on top.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or your favorite beer.
This quick and easy Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe is a Filipino version because we did not remove the with head and tails of the shrimp. We added 1/4 tsp. chili flakes to make it spicy, because I love spicy pulutan.