How to cook Pinoy Sweet and Spicy Shrimp
This Filipino Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Recipe provides lots of tangy taste and depth of flavor, owing to the unique combination of tomato ketchup and siling labuyo.
The recipe features fresh shrimp combined with sweet and spicy sauce or a wonderful stir-fried seafood dish that is perfect any night of the week. For a special Filipino dish, serve this dish with Sinangag rice.
Filipino Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Recipes:
- 1/2 kilo Shrimp, fresh shrimp
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon Honey or white sugar
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons chopped siling labuyo or birds eye chili
- 2 teaspoons White Wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Canola cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Filipino Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Cooking Instructions:
- Combine tomato ketchup, sesame oil, sugar, and White Wine. Mix and set aside.
- Heat Canola oil in the Fry pan then add butter.
- Fry the ginger and garlic for 20 to 30 seconds or until light brown.
- Add shrimp and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then add the sauce mixture and chili. Stir fry for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate then garnish with chopped scallions.
- Serve hot with Sinangag rice and enjoy!
Ready to serve Pinoy Sweet and Spicy Shrimp