Last Updated on
How to cook Polvoron with Rice Krispies
Polvoron with Rice Krispies Recipe. – When the Moors reached the Iberian Peninsula, they brought a delicacy that is made of flavored powder, the Spanish called it polvoron or powder cookie. Consequently, the Spanish brought the recipe when they colonized the Philippines. The Spaniards may not be here anymore, but they left the polvoron as a delightful remembrance of their legacy. It is here to stay, and the recipe will not be reduced to powder.
Given our innate creativity, we have developed several twists to the usual polvoron recipe. Thus, we now have it in different flavors such as Ube, Cookies, and Cream, and Chocolate to name a few. Aside from that, other ingredients have been added such as rice Krispies.
This Polvoron with Rice Krispies Recipe‘s sweet and crunchy combination is undoubtedly hard to resist once you have taken that initial bite. Of course, be careful not to cough or whistle while enjoying this treat.
Check out how to prepare Polvoron with Rice Krispies by referring to the steps below:
Polvoron with Rice Krispies Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Polvoron with Rice Krispies Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 cup full cream powdered milk
- 1/2 cup refined sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/8 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup rice krispies
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence (optional)
- wax paper or cellophane for wrapping
- Sift all-purpose flour and toast in frying pan over medium heat, stirring continuously with wooden spoon until light brown in color.
- Toast it for approximately 10 -15 minutes and fire off.
- Transfer toasted flour into sugar and milk powder mixture and mix well to blend thoroughly.
- Melt the butter and the margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add melted mixture into the dry ingredients, then add rice Krispies and mix well for about 3 minutes.
- Then add vanilla essence and mix for another 2 minutes more. Transfer polvoron mixture into a plate or pan with a flat surface.
- Form mixture with your desired polvoron shapes by packing the mixture into the molder.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes or until firm then wrap polvoron with your desired wax paper.
Recommended Recipe Video
Once you have taken the initial bite of this Polvoron with Rice Krispies Recipe you will surely ask for more.