Last Updated on November 12, 2014 by Ed Joven
How to cook Bistek na Tanigue with Cream
The Filipino version of the Beef Steak is Bistek Tagalog. This version is made of Tanigue instead of Beef and made creamier with the addition of All Purpose Cream.
Bistek na Tanigue with Cream Ingredients:
- 3/4 kilo Tanigue, sliced
- 1 250ml All Purpose Cream
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 8 pieces calamansi or 1 pc lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 medium sized onion, sliced into rings
- 4 tbsp (Canola) cooking oil
Watch How to cook Bistek na Tanigue with Cream:
Bistek na Tanigue with Cream Cooking Instructions:
- Marinade Tanigue in soy sauce, lemon (or calamansi), half of the sliced onions and ground black pepper for at least 10 to 15 minutes
- Separate a few pieces of onion rings for garnish then Heat the cooking oil in a pan then stir fry the remaining onion rings until the texture becomes soft. Set aside
- Drain the Tanigue and separate the marinade then in the same pan where the onions were fried, fry the marinated Tanigue until color turns brown. Set aside.
- Saute garlic for a few minutes, then drain the oil and pour the marinade and bring to a boil.
- Put in the Tanique, add the All purpose Cream and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Add soy sauce to taste and the stir-fried onions.
- Add the onion rings for garnish or scallions and Serve hot.
Bistek na Tanigue with Cream Recipe is a delicious Filipino dish that does not require much ingredients.
Created : (3 July, 2011 @ 13:58:10)
Updated : (11 October, 2014 @ 16:16:24)