Last Updated on
How to make Ube Milkshake
Here is another variation of a popular smoothie here in the Philippines; it is the Ube Milkshake Recipe or Purple Yam Shake. Ube is a kind of root crop often used as vegetables in many Filipino dishes; it is also similar to sweet potato. Now we are making this very nutritious Ube as a smoothie that will surely quench your thirst on a hot weather.
Ube Milkshake is a much loved sweet treat which you may try making this as a small business venture during summer days since coolers and smoothies are so in demand during this time of the year.
Ube Milkshake Ingredients
- 1/2 cup all purpose cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup purple yam
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 ice cubes
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Peel and cube purple yam.
- Place in a small pot with enough water to cover.
- Boil on high heat until a spoon can easily slice through a piece.
- Remove and strain the water.
To Prepare the Milkshake:
- In a blender, puree purple yam and add milk and cream.
- Mix in sugar.
- Add ice and process until smooth.
- Serve in a tall glass and topped with vanilla ice cream.