How to cook Bamboo Shoots with Coconut milk
The bamboo shoots or labong is one of the commonly vegetable dishes served by Filipino families. It is budget-friendly since it will not cost you a hundred pesos to make a delectable meal. The Ginataang Labong Recipe is also healthy because calories and fats are relatively low. Besides, it is rich in fiber and potassium.
More so, the Bamboo Shoots in Coconut Milk Recipe has creamy and luscious taste. With a combo of shrimps or crablets and other vegetable leaves, you will get to love its subtle aroma and taste. This makes Ginataang Labong dish an all-time favorite of Filipinos.
Ginataang Labong Ingredients:
- 1/4 kilo crablets, washed and thoroughly cleaned
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup saluyot leaves
- 4 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 thumb sized ginger, crushed
- 1 stalk lemon grass, discard the top part
- 1 cup bamboo shoots, cut into thin strips
- 2 stalks of green onions sliced small
- 1 pc Bird’s eye chili, sliced (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Ginataang Labong Cooking Instructions:
- Saute garlic, ginger, garlic and lemon grass then add the bamboo shoots cook until tender.
- Add the crablets and coconut milk. Bring to a boil
- Season to taste and add the Saluyot leaves and Bird’s eye chili if desired.
- Discard the lemon grass. You can garnish it with green onions leaves and basil if needed.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
Ginataang Labong Recipe is an all-time Filipino favorite.