Last Updated on October 13, 2013 by Ed Joven
Ginataang Kuhol Recipe, Snail sauted with garlic, onion, ginger and pepper plus coconut milk.
Ginataang Kuhol Ingredients:
- 1 Kilo of Snail (Kuhol)[singlepic id=350 w=240 h=180 float=right]
- 1 kilo of shredded coconut
- 1/2 clove of Garlic
- 1 big Onion sliced
- 2 Tbsp. of Ginger strips
- 2 Tbsp. of Shrimp Paste
- 1 medium sized Green Papaya
- Moringa or Malunggay Leaves
- 2 Tbsp. of Fish Sauce or according to your taste.
- 2 pcs Hot chilli
Ginataang Kuhol Cooking Instructions:
- To extract the coconut milk, pour about 2 cups of water on a one kilo of shredded coconut.
- On a caserole, put coconut mikl, with the other ingredients such as garlic, ginger, onion, shrimp paste, fish sauce or salt and bring to a boil until the coconut milk become thick.
- When boiling pour the snails and boil again.
- Next step is to add the papaya and malunggay leaves,
- If you like it hot, put few chopped hot chilli. Don’t overcooked the Papaya.
- Serve hot with white rice.** Optional: Add chopped spring onions for some color.