Last Updated on July 18, 2019 by Ed Joven
How to cook Bacon Tempura
Bacon Tempura Recipe – When you think of Bacon, all you get to think about is the fat, grease and salt. I suggest you try to read on to have your minds changed for this smoky piece of ingredient that you should try putting more into your food. Research reveals that incorporating Bacon into your meals “moderately” isn’t so bad since it helps in lowering down the risk of heart diseases. How is that possible, you say? Well, try to eat Bacon with your meals, what do you notice? You tend to eat lesser because it satiates your appetite well enough to make you feel like you already had your fill. Now, how’s that for some health benefits, right?
Apart from that, this piece of cured meat also contains Choline, an important substance used by the brain for transmitting signals throughout our body. Choline participates much in retaining memory and executing actions, that it’s direly needed to prevent the early onset of debilitating diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.
Ah, perhaps now you are changing your mind about Bacon. But do you know that there is still a lot more about it? You should be acquainted with, like the fact that it contains the right amount of Thiamin or Vitamin B1? This vitamin helps convert carbs into energy that our body can use. It also has Niacin or Vitamin B3, which aids in reducing cholesterol levels and our risks in contracting cardiovascular diseases.
Much to your surprise, BACON is often labeled as bad for our health when it really can give a lot of benefits to our body. Just take note to eat in moderation as it’s quite the secret to maintaining a healthy body whatever food you desire to eat.
Ingredients and Cooking procedure of Bacon Tempura Recipe :
With all the benefits of Bacon, we decided to give you another Bacon recipe. Bacon Tempura is so easy to prepare and cook, here are the instructions on cooking your own Bacon Tempura.
Bacon Tempura Recipe
- 400 grams Purefoods Classic Honeycured Bacon
- Canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups Soda sprite or 7up
- Thaw the Bacon then separate strips of bacon.
- Lay half the Bacon slices in a large frying pan in a single layer then cook over medium heat, until lightly browned but still pliable, about 10 minutes.
- Let bacon drain on paper towels. Repeat process with remaining bacon.
- Pour Canola oil into a wok to a depth of about 2 inches and heat over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold one-quarter of the flour, then one-quarter of the club soda, at a time into whites, folding thoroughly after each addition until batter is smooth.
- Working in batches, dip bacon into batter, then deep-fry, turning once, until bacon is golden brown and crisp, about 6 minutes per batch. Drain on a wire rack. Season to taste with salt and serve immediately.
Bacon Tempura Recipe is rich in Choline and thiamine that is good for your health. Eating bacon is not really bad at all.