How to cook Bacon and Broccoli Mushroom Soup
When the weather starts to cool down and you need something to warm you up from the inside out, this soup is a perfect comfort food! This soup has bacon and broccoli so you know it’s going to taste great!
Bacon and Broccoli Mushroom Soup Recipe is so simple to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. The bacon fat adds a stellar flavor to the soup that makes your loved ones ask for another bowl of this gourmet like soup! You also have to set some bacon aside to be used for toppings for that small crunch. You can step up this recipe with freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Bacon and Broccoli Mushroom Soup by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Bacon and Broccoli Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 10 bacon strips diced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 can 14-1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream and broth. Gradually stir in cheese until melted.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and water until smooth.
- Stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Garnish with bacon.