Last Updated on
How to cook Dynamite Cheese Sticks or Dinamita
Dynamite Cheese Sticks Recipe (Lumpia Dinamita) – Fill your empty stomach with this tasty snack and appetizer at the same time. This food is Filipino’s favorite appetizer! You can usually see Dynamite Sticks on some occasions or at the side of the street. Wrapped in a spring roll and filled with cheese, this spicy snack isn’t for adults alone.
Children can also try this. Good thing, some green chilies aren’t too spicy. People who are not into spicy food can actually tolerate this. I love eating this recipe every time our family have a get-together. We also serve Dynamite Cheese Sticks whenever we have visitors at home. It is the best food to eat while lying on your couch while watching television or when you want to kill time. Eating is my favorite when things get boring.
Filipinos called it Dynamite or “Dinamita” because of the spicy flavor and the considerable resemblance of this siling-haba to real Dynamite – a finger-food which makes people crazy over it. At the first moment, I tried this food, and the taste was surprisingly delicious for me. I think I can finish several pieces in one sitting.
Preparing the Dynamite Lumpia sticks is pretty simple. You only have to choose from the variety of pepper. Some of the types are Jalapeño and habanero peppers. If you want spicier variation, go for the Jalapeño instead. If you want a less spicy recipe, you need to remove all the seeds carefully inside after you cut the pepper in lengthwise. The cheese neutralizes the spicy flavor.
Dynamite Lumpia with Cheese Ingredients and Procedure:
This Dynamite Lumpia is so spicy it will blow you away because this lumpia is made with green chili peppers stuffed with cheese and wrapped with lumpia or spring-roll wrapper.
Dynamite Cheese Sticks Recipe or Dynamite Lumpia with Cheese
- 15 pcs Chili Pepper
- 15 pcs Lumpia Wrapper small
- 1 block filled cheese
- cooking oil
- Slice cheese into sticks.
- Using a sharp knife, slice across green chili from the stem down to the tip.
- Scrape seeds using a small spoon. If you can't handle too much spicy taste be sure no seeds are left.
- Stuff each chili pepper with cheese.
- On a large plate, lay a lumpia wrapper and place a cheese stuffed chili pepper.
- Wrap each chili pepper with the lumpia wrapper, make sure the stem is sticking out on one side of the lumpia.
- Roll the lumpia wrapper tightly and seal the edge with a dab of water.
- Do the same procedure on the rest of the chilies.
- Heat oil on a deep frying pan, make sure the oil is enough to deep fry the lumpia.
- Fry them in batches and do not overcrowd the pan.
- Fry until golden brown approximately 4 minutes in medium heat.
- Serve with mayo-ketchup dip.
You can stuff the Dynamite Lumpia with other ingredients other than cheese. These could be bacon, ham, or tocino. As you fill it with more kid’s favorite recipes, the spicy flavor lessens. You can also try it with tuna and chicken inside. If you want to add more thrill into it, prepare a dipping sauce, garlic mayonnaise, or banana ketchup.
Filipino Lumpia Recipes: