How to cook Chicken Lumpia
Chicken Lumpia Recipe is a variant of the well-loved Filipino spring roll called Lumpiang Shanghai. It is a very simple dish filled with chicken, onions, and with some grated cheese for added flavor.
In this recipe the main ingredient is chicken, which you can find in almost all groceries and supermarkets. This is a good alternative for those who can’t eat Pork meat because of religion or health reasons.
Chicken Lumpia Ingredients by Pinoy Recipe dot net:
- 1/2 kilo boneless chicken breast, ground or minced
- 1 pc. medium size onion, minced
- 1 small carrot, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp iodized salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 30 pieces Lumpia wrappers
- 1 cup Canola oil
Chicken Lumpia Cooking Procedure:
- Using a deep mixing bowl, thoroughly combine minced chicken, onion, carrot, salt, and ground pepper.
- Add in soy sauce, sesame oil and eggs. Carefully stir them in with the meat mixture until everything is held together. Taste and adjust salt and/or ground pepper as necessary.
- Take about 1 and ½ tbsp of the fillings and wrap to about half an inch diameter spring roll. Continue rolling and wrapping until you consumed all the mixture.
- In a wide non-stick frying pan, heat the Canola oil and fry the spring rolls in batches. Cook both sides in moderate heat until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil from the Chicken lumpia using layers of table napkin.
- Transfer in a serving platter.
- Serve them hot and crisp along side with Sinamak spiced vinegar.