Last Updated on
How to cook Lumpiang Singkamas
Lumpiang Singkamas Recipe – Without question, Lumpia has to be the most ubiquitous food on many occasions, such as birthdays, Christenings, fiestas, and weddings. This crispy Lumpia has successfully captured the taste of Filipino kids and grown-ups alike. It is often served with the pancit as a side dish, although many also love eating them with rice along with other dishes.
The Lumpiang Singkamas, as the name implies, is your traditional lumpia but with a twist. Like other lumpia, this has different vegetables and, depending on your preference, some meat. What makes this unique, however, is that we use Singkamas (turnip) as the main ingredient.
The turnip gives the food a distinct taste and makes every bite crunchy and yummy. You can dip this in your choice of sweet sauce or vinegar with minced garlic, onion, and pepper.
Lumpiang Singkamas crispy spring roll is well-loved by kids and grown-ups alike, and you can cook this Lumpia in many different ways – such as the recipe we have below.
Lumpiang Singkamas Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Lumpiang Singkamas Recipe
- 1/2 kilo lean ground pork or beef
- 1/4 kilo Singkamas julienne cut
- 2 pcs medium bell pepper , cut into smallest cut
- 2 small carrot julienne cut
- 3 cloves garlic cut into smallest cut
- 1 small onion cut into smallest cut
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Springroll or Lumpia wrapper
- 4 cups Canola cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or Fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove - smashed
- Mix all dipping sauce ingredients separately then set aside.
- Heat frying pan then pour-in 2 tbsp Canola cooking oil then sauté onions and garlic.
- Add-in the meat, pepper and salt then cook until meat changes color – about 3 to 5 minutes. Making sure to mash it from time to time to separate the meat.
- Add-in the Carrot, Red bell pepper and Singkamas then mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- When cooked, remove Lumpia mixture from the frying pan, set aside and let it cool.
- Place the egg roll wrappers on a clean working surface.
- Put about 2 Tablespoonful of the Lumpia mixture on the wrapper with Filled Cheese on the center.
- Fold and roll like an envelope then seal with water.
- Pour remaining Canola oil in a deep frying pan or deep fryer then turn on the heat.
- Fry the Lumpiang Singkamas in batches until the Lumpia wrapper turns brown.
- Remove Lumpia one at a time from the frying pan or deep fryer and place in a large plate with paper towel, this will absorb excess oils of Lumpia.
- Transfer Lumpia in a serving plate then serve with dipping sauce.
Lumpiang Singkamas is as healthy as it is delicious so don’t forget to give this recipe a try if you want to have some fun food for the whole family.