How to cook La Paz Batchoy
La Paz Batchoy Recipe came from the town of La Paz in Iloilo province in the Philippines. Hence it is often referred to as La Paz Batchoy. When serving, this noodle dish, you must put it in a bowl with crunchy crushed Chicharon at the top.
La Paz batchoy was first made by the Chinese community, who lived in La Paz, Iloilo. Batchoy came from the word “Ba-Chui,” which means pieces of meat in Chinese. Eventually adopted by Filipinos, then it became a favorite noodle soup.
This delicious Filipino noodle dish contains egg noodles, and broth cooked slowly with beef, pork, and marrow mixed with bagoong or shrimp paste with fresh eggs and crushed Pork Chicharon or Pork cracklings on top.
This flavorful Batchoy Recipe is best served while it is steaming hot.
Ingredients and Cooking Procedure of Batchoy Soup:
La Paz Batchoy Recipe
- 1 kilo mami noodles
- 1 medium size onion quartered
- 1/2 head garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp. shrimp paste bagoong
- 1 tbsp. peppercorns crushed
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 10-12 c. beef/pork stock
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- salt to taste
- 250 g. pork
- 150 g. pork liver
- 150 g. shrimps
- 1 pc. chicken breast
- chicharon crushed
- chopped garlic fried
- chopped spring onion
- In a large pot, pour in 10-12 c. of stock (from boiled beef and pork bones) and add all broth ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and blanch shrimp until cooked.
- Remove shrimp from the pot, remove shell and head each shrimp, set aside.
- Add in pork, chicken and liver in the pot, let simmer for 25 minutes or until pork, chicken and liver are tender add more stock if necessary.
- Remove pork, chicken and liver from the pot, drain and let cool.
- Continue simmering the broth in low heat until ready to serve, season with salt to taste.
- Slice the pork, chicken and liver into thin strips and set aside.
- Place noodles in serving bowl and pour strained boiling stock over the noodles. Top with pork, chicken, liver, shrimp.
- Garnish with chicharon, spring onion and fried garlic.
- Serve immediately.
Visit Pancit Canton Video:
La Paz Batchoy Recipe is a delicious noodle soup garnished with Pork innards, crushed Pork cracklings, vegetables, and topped with cracked raw egg.
Filipino Soup Recipes with Noodles or Pancit: