Last Updated on November 1, 2018 by Ed Joven
How to make the world famous Banana Split
Try this world famous Banana Split Recipe such a decadent sweet goodness that is made up of three combinations of ice cream, which is chocolate, vanilla and strawberry and usually served in a long dish also known as boat dish.
Ripe green bananas are used in this recipe which is cut in half lengthwise placed beside the three ice cream flavors and then topped with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. You may also add some cherry, nuts and wafer sticks. To keep the banana slices from turning brown, brush it with a little lemon juice.
There are advantages and disadvantage of eating ice-cream. Ice cream is rich in calcium, phosphorus and carbohydrate and a good source of energy too. Though, it is known as a “high-fat” food which may cause some problems for some people with high cholesterol level, so to lower the risk you may opt for low-fat or low-sugar ice cream.
Now here’s how to prepare the Banana Split Recipe it’s very easy and affordable dessert that the whole family will surely enjoy.
Banana Split Ingredients and Preparation Procedure
Banana Split Recipe
- 1 medium banana peeled and split lengthwise
- 1 scoop each vanilla chocolate and strawberry ice cream
- 1 tablespoon strawberry ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 maraschino cherries with stem
- Place banana in a dessert dish; place scoops of ice cream between banana.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
Banana Split Recipe is such a decadent dessert, three delicious ice cream flavors combined with bananas, hot fudge & chopped walnuts or cashew nuts.