Last Updated on July 10, 2016 by Ed Joven
Try this tasty Filipino Banana Chips Recipe
Banana Chips are popular snacks among Filipinos. Either the Banana Chips Recipe is homemade or commercially-made; people will get in line with it. This is simply because of the taste and crunchiness that satisfies the ears in every chew. Besides, it is perfect to pair with juices and other beverages.
Undeniably, banana chips are delicious and tasty. In fact, there is a collection of variations in making this wonderful snack. It can be coated with honey or sugar depending on your preference. Also if you will ask about how to make banana chips, well it is just simple and not too demanding.
Banana Chips Ingredients:
- 6 pcs raw plantain banana or saba
- 1 cup Canola oil, for frying
- a bowl with iced water
- 1 tsp salt
Banana Chips Cooking Instructions:
- Peel plantain bananas and put them in salted iced water for about 8 minutes.
- Slice bananas into bite-size pieces and lay across a cloth for about 5 minutes to remove all moisture.
- Heat up the oil in the pan when heated lower the heat to very low.
- Fry banana slices by batches in one layer for a minute or two until crisp.
- Use slotted spoon to remove banana chips from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Place on a serving dish then the leftovers put in an airtight plastic container, it can last for a week.
Banana Chips are popular snacks among Filipinos.
Try this crunchy and tasty Filipino Banana Chips Recipe