How to prepare Ensaladang Ampalaya
Looking for a salad with a bit more bold flavors? One that can really cleanse up your palette and one that packs a punch in terms of health benefits? Try making yourself a delicious Ensaladang Ampalaya Recipe.
This dish has a lot to offer. You can get some protein from the eggs and some vitamins from the lemon juice, ampalaya, mangoes, and tomatoes. The ampalaya and tomato, mango and egg combo is a great play on texture for soft and crunch. And everything in the dish offers a different taste making it an explosion when ever eaten.
Many people create Ensaladang Ampalaya as side dishes for any protein meals or as an appetized. Some actually eat it as a healthy snack, pack it for either lunch for work or school because it is pretty simple. You can make it immediately, not much prep time or effort needed to be exerted.
So with the Ensaladang Ampalaya, you can get tons of health benefits, delicious flavors and lots of time saved.
Ensaladang Ampalaya by Filipino Recipes Portal
Visit this link to learn the Top 10 Health Benefits you will get from eating this delicious Ensaladang Ampalaya
Ensaladang Ampalaya Recipe
- 1 medium Ampalaya bitter gourd, sliced
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium White onion sliced
- 1 medium Tomato seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Sinamak or Cane vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins optional
- 1 tablespoon salt for rubbing
- Extra salt to taste
- Wash and slice the Ampalaya (bitter gourd), then rub the salt all over the veggie. Let it stay for 30 minutes.
- Quickly wash the Ampalaya with running water to remove the salt, then drain the excess liquid.
- Combine Sinamak/Vinegar, ground black pepper, and salt to taste(if only needed) in a bowl. Stir well.
- Add the Ampalaya (bitter gourd), onion, red bell pepper and tomato in a bowl. Mix well.
- Cover the bowl with a cling wrap and then refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Serve as a side dish for your favorite fried dried fish.
Looking for a Pinoy salad with a bit more bold flavors that packs a punch in terms of health benefits? Try making this delicious Ensaladang Ampalaya Recipe.