How to prepare Ensaladang Lato (Filipino Seaweed Salad)
Thinking of cooking a full course Filipino meal for your friends and/or family? Having a hard time thinking of a simple and easy but delicious appetized? Ensaladang Lato may just be your answer.
Ensalada is a Spanish word that translates to Salad. Ensaladang Lato can also be referred to as Seaweed Salad. This dish’s main component is edible seaweed. Some may not find this ingredient immediately appetizing but don’t let the name fool you; Ensaladang Lato packs a punch of flavors. You get a great combination from the basic ingredients such as onion, tomatoes, etc. and a unique flavor from the seaweed, and all together results to a dish which can be used as an appetizer or a side dish for seafood dishes.
As delicious as this sound, the process isn’t as hard as you may think. It can actually just be summed up to two processes: chop and combine. How great is that?
Learn how to create this tasty salad below.
Ensaladang Lato (Seaweed Salad) by Filipino Recipes Portal
Ensaladang Lato Recipe
- 1/2 kilo Lato seaweed
- 1 piece red onion sliced thinly
- 1 cup cane vinegar or Sinamak
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 5 pieces red chili pepper Siling Labuyo (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and clean Lato (Seaweed).
- Combine vinegar, garlic, onion, chilies, black pepper, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add the lato and toss. Let it stay for at least 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.