Last Updated on September 8, 2013 by Ed Joven
How to bake Bibingka Supreme
Baked Bibingka Supreme Recipe is not the ordinary bibingka or rice cake that we usually see anywhere because it is made from glutinous rice flour that makes this dessert delicious and sticky. It is a baked moist rice cake with a lovely contrast of flavors and texture from the salty egg and cheese, creamy butter, and crunchy caramelized sugar
This bibingka recipe is an alternative to the usual way of cooking, in the old days it was baked in clay oven where preheated charcoals are placed over and under the clay pot, now it has evolved in different ways of cooking and sufficiently baked in electric or gas ovens. This Filipino dessert is baked with creamy butter, caramelized sugar, cheese and salty egg which make this recipe so mouthwatering.
Baked Bibingka Supreme Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup Fresh Milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 pcs salted eggs, sliced
Baked Bibingka Supreme Cooking Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and line bottom of 2 8-inch layer baking pan with banana leaves or wax paper. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs until light and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture alternately with Fresh Milk into the egg. Beat to blend thoroughly.
- Pour mixture in lined pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Spread butter on top then sprinkle with sugar and grated cheese.
- Decorate with salted egg slices and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more.
Bibingka Supreme Baking Tip:
- For a fluffier bibingka, separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter.