GD Star Rating
Igado Recipe is an authentic Filipino Ilocano dish.Â Igado is like Menudo , ilocano style.Â Different barrios cook their Igado in many ways. Some nearly looks like a menudo while some you can’t even connect to the original dish. Basically, It has small cuts of pork, beef or chicken, liver, bell pepper, garlic, etc.
500g. pork, thinly sliced (kasim or pigue)
- 150g. liver, thinly sliced
- 1/4 k. heart and kidney, slice thinly, if available
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- Â¼ cup soy sauce
- Â¼ cup crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cubed
- Â½ cup green peas
- 2 8g. MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
- 1Â½ tsp. peppercorns
Igado Cooking Instructions:
- Marinate pork, heart, kidney and liver slices in combined vinegar, soy sauce and garlic for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and sautÃ© chopped garlic, onion and tomatoes until wilted.
- Stir in marinated meat and bring to a boil without stirring.
- Lower the heat and continue simmering until pork is tender or about 20 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and green peas.
- Season with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP and peppercorns. Serve hot.
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Recommended Filipino Recipe Books:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipes:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>