Last Updated on December 2, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to cook Ginataang Mais
Ginataang Mais Recipe – It’s rainy season once again, which left you with a choice to stay indoors more often. Instead of getting bored during a rainy day, why not make this an opportunity to learn to cook a new recipe. That is ideal for preparing in this kind of weather.
Now learn how to cook this Ginataang Mais. It is one of the easiest Filipino desserts, and even if you are not that good in the kitchen, you will absolutely get this done. Preparing this dessert is very simple, which only requires a little time to make. This Ginataang Mais Recipe is a satisfying and comforting snack made with glutinous rice, whole corn kernel, and coconut milk.
This Ginataang Mais is usually served as a merienda or an afternoon snack. It can also be an excellent meal at any time of the day, particularly before doing something that involves many physical activities. It is loaded with carbs that give you more energy.
Ginataang Mais Ingredients:
Ginataang Mais Recipe
- 3 cups Freshly Squeezed coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Malagkit, glutinous rice
- 1 cup whole kernel sweet corn, drained + extra for topping
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Evap milk, for added flavor when serving
- Wash Malagkit (glutinous rice) thoroughly, twice.
- Using a large pan, combine the Malagkit(glutinous rice) and coconut milk, in a medium heat bring it to a boil.
- When it starts to boil, make sure to stir it constantly, this will avoid the mixture from burning at the bottom.
- Bring the heat to a very low then cover the pan.
- Stir the Ginataang Mais mixture from time to time until the coconut milk slightly thickens, it will take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add-in the sweetcorn then mix and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the sugar then mix well making sure to completely dissolve it and fire off the heat.
- Add vanilla extract then mix thoroughly.
- Place it in a serving bowl then top with extra corn, drizzle with Evap milk and serve.
Try this Ginataang Halo Halo:
This Ginataang Mais is a mix of malagkit or glutinous rice, corn, and coconut milk. Another delicious Filipino dessert. You can serve it with extra corn and condensed milk on the side.
Filipino Dessert Recipes with Gata (Coconut Milk) :