Last Updated on
How to cook Ginataang Mais
It’s rainy season once again, which left you with a choice to stay indoors more often. So instead of getting bored during a rainy day, why not make this as an opportunity to learn to cook a new recipe which is ideal to prepare in this kind of weather. Now learn how to cook this Ginataang Mais Recipe – it is one of the easiest Filipino desserts and even if you are not that good in the kitchen, you will absolutely can get this done. Preparing this dessert is very simple which only requires a little time to make. This Ginataang Mais Recipe is a satisfying and a comforting snack which is made with glutinous rice, whole corn kernel and coconut milk.
Ginataang Mais is usually served as a merienda or an afternoon snack. Although, it can also be an excellent meal at any time of the day, particularly before doing something which involves a lot of physical activities since it is loaded with carbs that gives you more energy.
Ginataang Mais Ingredients:
- 3 cups Freshly Squeezed coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Malagkit (glutinous rice)
- 1 cup whole kernel sweet corn, drained + extra for topping
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Evap milk, for added flavor when serving
Ginataang Mais Cooking Instructions:
- Wash Malagkit (glutinous rice) thoroughly, twice.
- Using a large pan, combine the Malagkit(glutinous rice) and coconut milk, in a medium heat bring it to a boil.
- When it starts to boil, make sure to stir it constantly, this will avoid the mixture from burning at the bottom.
- Bring the heat to a very low then cover the pan.
- Stir the Ginataang Mais mixture from time to time until the coconut milk slightly thickens, it will take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add-in the sweetcorn then mix and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the sugar then mix well making sure to completely dissolve it and fire off the heat.
- Add vanilla extract then mix thoroughly.
- Place it in a serving bowl then top with extra corn, drizzle with Evap milk and serve.
Ginataang Mais Recipe is usually served as a merienda or an afternoon snack.