Last Updated on May 25, 2021 by Ed Joven
How to cook Shakey’s Style Potato Mojos
Shakey’s Style Potato Mojos Recipe – Aside from their hand-tossed pizza, Shakey’s is also famous for its Mojo potatoes. It is unknown where the Mojo potatoes originated, but this dish is delicious. It can be paired with chicken or fries but can also be eaten alone. What’s interesting is Mojo potatoes are vegan and eggless.
If you love Shakey’s Mojo potatoes, then don’t worry because we made this recipe for you. The ingredients are affordable, and the steps are easy to follow. You don’t need a culinary background to make these Mojo potatoes.
Based on the name itself, you will need potatoes. You will need five large potatoes for this recipe, but you can estimate if you have medium or small potatoes on hand. The advantage of this homemade recipe is that you can slice the potatoes to your preference.
Shakey’s Mojo potatoes are a bit thick, so you can slice thinner if you want. To make the Mojo potatoes creamy and have a better texture similar to Shakey’s, you also need fresh milk. Lastly, the fried chicken breading mix is necessary to add flavor and make the potatoes crunchy.
Deep fry the potatoes similar to how you cook French fries. Prepare mayonnaise, ketchup, or sour cream to dip the Mojo potatoes. That’s the recipe!
Potato Mojos Ingredients and Procedure:
Shakey's Style Potato Mojos Recipe
- 7 medium potatoes cleaned
- 1 1/2 cups of fried chicken breading mix
- 2 cups of Fresh milk
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut the unpeeled potatoes into thin slices, about 1/4 inch thick. If you want it to be crispy, cut them thinner. I prefer to cut it a little thicker.
- In a large frying pan, pour 2 cups oil (about one inch deep)—heat oil over medium heat. When the water sizzles across the top, you are ready to fry. While heating the oil, dip each potato slices in milk and coat with the fried chicken breading mix.
- Carefully drop potatoes into the oil right away and fry for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Do not overcrowd the pan and adjust heat as necessary.
- Remove and drain on a plate with a paper towel. Serve with Mayo-ketchup dip or cheese whiz.
You can prepare and cook the Mojo potatoes in less than an hour. You can eat it while watching TV or Netflix. You can also serve these Shakey’s Mojo potatoes during celebrations to impress your guests. They wouldn’t even notice the difference from the real Shakey’s Mojo potatoes.
- Yema Balls with Mashed Potato Recipe
- Chicken Potato Salad Recipe
- Crispy Mojo Potato Recipe
- Potato Salad with Ham Recipe
- Filipino style Shepherd’s Pie Recipe