Last Updated on
How to cook Camote Cue or Kamote Que
Camote Cue or Kamote Que Recipe is a typical Filipino merienda or mid-afternoon snack, it has been a part of the street food culture here in the Philippines, you can find this sweet treat almost everywhere. Cooking Kamote Que is very easy and affordable, it is cooked quite exactly like the Banana Que; if you know how to cook this then surely you can’t go wrong on how to cook this Camote Cue.
Camote Cue or Kamote Que Recipe is made out of deep fried sweet potatoes coated with caramelized brown sugar, skewered in a bamboo stick. Try this delicious Filipino favorite snack Camote Cue Recipe.
Camote Cue or Kamote Que Ingredients:
- 1 cup oil
- 3 med. Sweet Potato “camote”, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup palm or dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, optional
- 5 bamboo skewers
Camote Cue Cooking Instructions:
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the sweet potato “camote” one at a time.
- Immediately sprinkle brown sugar evenly on each sweet potato slices.
- Cook over medium heat until sweet potatoes are tender for about 8 min., stirring constantly.
- When the sugar starts to caramelized and form a glaze, stir to coat all camote slices.
- Drain excess oil in banana leaves or waxed paper.
- Thread glazed camote slices on skewers and sprinkle some sesame seeds on both sides if using then serve while its hot.
Try this Kamote Que Recipe, a typical Filipino favorite merienda or snack.