How to cook Bibingkang Malagkit
Bibingkang Malagkit Recipe is another Filipino sweet treat from the many versions of kakanin. Malagkit is Glutinous rice, it is a type of rice grown mainly in Southeast and East Asia, which has opaque grains, very low amylose content, and is especially sticky when cooked.
Bibingkang Malagkit is cooked in creamy coconut milk that came from the meat of mature coconuts, it contains many nutrients such as vitamins C, E, magnesium, potassium, and iron. It is also has antioxidants and the fats found in coconuts is not harmful to our body it does not have trans-fatty acids.
Learn how to cook this delightful and healthy native delicacy.
Bibingkang Malagkit by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Bibingkang Malagkit Recipe
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut cream or coconut milk “gata”
- 1/2 cup young coconut strips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated for topping
- Softened butter or margarine for brushing
- banana leaves wilted and cut into the size of a pie plate
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Mix all ingredients except for the butter or margarine and grated cheese and mix until well blended. Place and arrange banana leaves on a pie plate and brush the leaves lightly with margarine or butter.
- Pour the batter mixture into the pie plate on top with greased banana leaves. Bake for about 35-40 minutes and take off from the oven.
- Brush the top with butter or margarine and sprinkle a generous amount of grated cheese. Put back in the oven and bake for another 7-10 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown. Fire off, serve warm and enjoy.
Try this delicious Bibingkang Malagkit