Last Updated on July 27, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to cook Cassava Suman
Cassava Suman Recipe, another Filipino native “kakanin” that is good for snacks. It consists of grated coconut and grated cassava or “Kamoteng Kahoy” wrapped in banana leaves. It is sweet, chewy and very delicious, made with grated cassava and coconut for the ultimate snack or dessert. This steamed Filipino delicacy is tasty, filling, and
It is one of the older Filipino desserts or snacks. For another variation, chocolate fillings can be added inside the cassava.
Preparing Cassava Suman will take about 25 minutes. While cooking time may take about 30 minutes. This recipe can make 15 servings or pieces of Suman.
Cassava Suman Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Cassava Suman Recipe
- 3 cups or ½-kilo finely grated cassava
- 1 cup finely grated coconut
- 1 cup white sugar
- 15 pieces of banana leaves cut into 7 x 10 inches blanched
- Combine grated cassava, grated coconut and sugar.
- Place measured amounts of cassava mixture on each piece of banana leaf.
- Roll Banana leaf, enclosing filling and fold both ends.
- Keep each suman 1.25 cm thick, 4 cm wide and 12.5 cm long.
- Tie the suman in pairs loosely and keep them in shape.
- Arrange on steamer rack in a staggered pile. Steam for 30 minutes, counting time when live steam starts to form.
- Keep the steamer well-supplied with water to prevent drying out.
- Serve hot or chilled with latik.
Recommended Video Recipe:
Cassava Suman Recipe is one of the older Filipino desserts, it is consists of grated coconut and cassava wrapped in banana leaves, and is sweet and chewy delicious.
Other Suman Recipes: