How to cook Filipino style Beef Stew
Beef Stew Recipe is a dish that has full of protein and fiber which came from its ingredients of meat and vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, celery and you may also add peas, garbanzo beans, raisins and some spices. This is absolutely a satisfying recipe for the whole family that is such a cinch to prepare it just needs some time to simmer the beef to make it tender. The ideal beef used for stew is cut into bite sized cubes which becomes tender and tasteful when it is simmered slowly.
This appetizing Beef Stew Recipe can be served with hot steamed rice or even with some crusty bread. Also, the better the meat you get, the better it will taste and the more tender it will be.
Beef Stew Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo beef, cut into small cubes
- 1 can chicken sausage, cut in to small slices
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery ribs
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick ground cloves
- 2 pieces bay leaves, dried or fresh
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 260g frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 2 tbsp water
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp Canola cooking oil
Beef Stew Cooking Instructions:
- In a large frypan, brown the beef over a high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, bay leaves, ground cloves, and paprika. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour-in beef broth and let it boil.
- Simmer for more than 1 hour or until beef becomes tender. Add water as needed.
- Add carrots, potatoes, green peas, celery ribs, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper, and pour-in diluted cornstarch then mix well and cook for another minute.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, then remove from the heat and place to a serving bowl.
Beef Stew Recipe is a hearty meal to warm spirits and fill hungry tummies!