Try this healthy, moist and decadent Kalabasa Chocolate Cupcake
Pumpkin or Squash is known here in the Philippines as “Kalabasa” and often used as an ingredient for soups and many other dishes. Like for this recipe that we are going to make, it is the Kalabasa Chocolate Cupcake.
This cupcake has an excellent combination of the nutritious Squash and yummy chocolate, friends and the whole family, especially the kids will definitely enjoy this sweet treat since most of them just love chocolate. Preparing this kind of healthy dessert for them is also teaching them to eat vegetables and helps them learn to appreciate the benefits of eating healthy foods which will alter their liking to the usual junk foods that they are used to.
Kalabasa Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Kalabasa or Squash, cooked and mashed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup All purpose cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup baking chocolate you can use dark, semi-sweet or white chocolate
- 2 tablespoon butter
Kalabasa Chocolate Cupcake Cooking Instructions:
- Pre-heat Oven to 375F.
- Using a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and softened butter until smooth.
- Whisk the egg, add one at a time, then add vanilla.
- Add-in mashed Squash/Kalabasa and milk, whisk again until combined.
- In a separate bowl sift baking powder, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder and salt, mix well until combined.
- Fold-in the dry ingredients into the batter and mix well.
- Put-in paper cups to a 2 pcs. muffin pan(1 Oz) with 12 holes.
- Fill each cup only half full or evenly divide batter to 24 paper cups .
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove from Oven then let it cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare your Chocolate Ganache, in a saucepan pour-in all purpose cream and milk, over a very low heat bring it to simmer while constantly stirring.
- Pour-in the warm cream in a bowl of chopped baking chocolate and butter.
- Stir the chocolate until all the chocolate are completely melted and becomes glossy and smooth.
- Spoon Chocolate Ganache over the cooled mini-cupcakes.
- You can decorate it using candy toppers or mixed nuts and candied fruits.
- This is a great snacks for your Kids.
This moist and decadent Kalabasa Chocolate Cupcake Recipe is a great snack for kids.