Last Updated on October 4, 2013 by Ed Joven
How to cook Beef Pares
Beef Pares Recipe. Why is this called Beef Pares? Pares literally means “Pair”, because this meat dish is best serve with a pair of garlic fried rice or Sinangag and beef soup. Beef Pares is one of the most famous street food, and you can find this in the Tap-Si-Logan carinderias in the Philippines.
Beef Pares is cooked in special blend of spices until perfectly tender, this Filipino dish is a sure hit to your family’s taste buds, give it try and let us know what you think.
Beef Pares Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo beef brisket
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 1 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 pieces star anise
- sesame seeds or oil (optional)
- 1 – tsp flour (optional )
- sliced fried garlic as toppings (optional)
- sliced scallions
Beef Pares Cooking Instructions:
- Boil Beef brisket until tender about 1 1/2 hour depending on the thickness of the meat…preferably slow cooked, reserve the broth.
- Marinate the tender beef brisket on the marinade ingredients for 30 mins.
- Then Saute ginger, garlic and onion .. while doing this … drain the meat from its marinade… and saute for 5 to 10 mins… put the beef broth and let simmer.
- Put the remaining marinade and simmer for another 5 mins. Put the star anise… when the meat is very tender dissolve the flour in 1/4 cup water then mix this gradually to beef while stirring to avoid forming lumps. Do this only if u want it a bit more sticky sauce.
- Let simmer until flour taste is gone.
- Season according to ur taste. If u want it to be more sweet u can always add additional sugar .
- Garnish with sliced fried garlic and scallions the…
- Serve with Sinangag or Garlic rice