How to cook Pancit Lomi Soup
Lomi or Pancit Lomi Recipe is a Filipino-Chinese dish best eaten while steaming hot, it is made with a variety of thick fresh egg noodles of about a quarter of an inch in diameter. Pancit Lomi is very popular in eastern part of Batangas and Bacolod City.
To spice up the taste of Lomi, depending on one’s preference, a mixture of soy sauce and crushed fresh red chili peppers can be added to the dish as a condiment. You can also add small amount of finely chopped fresh red onions for extra pungency.
- 1 kilo fresh thick egg noodle or miki noodles
- 1/2 kilo Pork liver, sliced
- 1/2 kilo Pork belly, cut into thin strips
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
- 3 pcs Kikiam or Chinese sausage, sliced crosswise diagonally
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- salt and pepper
- Canola cooking oil
- fried garlic and sliced scallions for garnish
- crushed fresh red chili peppers for garnish (optional)
Pancit Lomi Cooking Instructions:
- Wash the pork liver then pat dry the and season with salt,
- In a frying pan heat Canola cooking oil then Fry the pork liver in batches for 1 to 2 minutes each side, set aside until cool.
- When the Pork Liver cool down slice thinly.
- Wash egg noodles then soak with warm water for about 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- In a large pot saute the garlic and onion for 1 minute
- Add in the Kikiam or Chinese sausage, stir for 3 minutes until cooked.
- Add in the pork and continue to stir fry to cook for 3 minutes or until pork is golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next add in about 2 liters of water or half full of the sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes, remove scam that floats.
- Add in the egg noodles and continue to simmer for 8 minutes or until the noodles are soft but firm, you can add more water if necessary.
- dissolved cornstarch in 1/3 of water then add it to the sauce to thicken it ,
- Add in the sliced fried pork liver, carrots and cabbage.
- Pour in the beaten egg while slowly stirring the noodles, cook for another minute.
- Serve immediately while steaming hot, garnish with fried garlic, sliced hard boiled eggs and scallions.
- Add crushed fresh red chili peppers for garnish if you want spicy Lomi
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: