How to cook Inihaw na Pusit
Inihaw na Pusit Recipe is simply flavored with sprite or 7up, soy sauce, garlic and calamansi or lemon juice, then quickly grilled to tender perfection. Squid must be cooked fast over high heat or slow-cooked to achieve tenderness. Anything in between results in a chewy mess.
You can eat Inihaw na Pusit as an appetizer, pulutan, as an entrée for lunch or dinner. When it’s as fresh as can be, marinated and grilled just right, inihaw na pusit makes a perfect pulutan choice to accompany beer or the best companion for a steaming hot cup of rice.
Good grilled squid should always be tender yet moderately chewy and should be tasty even without being dependent on lots of dipping sauce.
Here’s our version of Inihaw na Pusit Recipe:
Inihaw na Pusit Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Inihaw na Pusit Recipe
- 1 kilo medium to large fresh squid
- 1 bottle 8oz Sprite or 7-up
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp calamansi juice or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Wash and clean squid well. Take out the black ink. Take out the skin and film.
- Place the squid in the bowl. Add all the ingredients. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Before grilling, place the squid in barbecue sticks. Keep the marinade sauce.
- Grill the squid for about 3 minutes each side. Use the marinade sauce to baste the squid while it is being grilled.
- Don’t overcook the squid. Softer meat is easy to bite and juicier.
- Serve with soy sauce with Sinamak or Atsara.
Inihaw na Pusit Recipe is one of the simplest and easy to cook Filipino dish but it is also incredibly delicious.