Last Updated on
These Ham and Cheese Empanada are a delight.
Ham and Cheese Empanada Recipe are a delicious way to use up leftover ham. Having a hard time to gather your kids in one place? serve them this tasty and luscious ham and cheese empanada. This could be the easy strategy that you can come up with.
This empanada pastry resembles the shape of half-moon circles, and packed with yummy ham and delectable cheese that threatens to burst out.
Ham and Cheese Empanada is flaky and has an inviting appeal of indulgence. The taste of each ingredient perfectly intertwined with one another. With this, empanada will satisfy your cravings for delightful flavor. Moreover, it will also satiate your appetite.
This recipe can make 20 pieces empanada puffs.
Ham and Cheese Empanada Cooking Procedure and Ingredients:
Ham and Cheese Empanada Recipe
Ham and Cheese Empanadas Filling:
- 1/4 kilo cooked ham chopped
- 250 grams Cheddar Chesse or Filled Cheese shredded
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsps minced fresh parsley
- 2 tbsps bread crumbs
- 2 tbsps sour cream
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- Pinch of black pepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup butter chilled & cubes
- ½ cup shortening
- 6-7 tbsp. icy cold water
- 1 egg for egg wash
To make the Ham and Cheese Empanadas Filling:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the Onion and parsley, sauteing until the onion is translucent.
- Remove from Heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the chopped ham, bread crumbs, cheese, sour cream, egg and a dash of salt and pepper, mixing well.
To make the Ham and Cheese Empanada Crust:
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a bowl. Add in chilled and cubes butter and lard or vegetable shortening. Using a fork or hand pinch together until it forms a crumb. Add ice cold water 1 tablespoon at a time and mix well. Knead the dough for 3 minutes and form a ball.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes before using. Roll out dough on a floured surface and cut dough into your desired size, using empanada cutter, or a cookie cutter or any available round cutter you have.
- Place filling in the center and fold dough over to the opposite side. Crimp the dough with fork or with your fingers to seal the edges and repeat procedure until done.
- Place Ham and Cheese Empanadas on a baking tray, prick each empanada with fork and brush with egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated oven 375F, for about 30-40 minutes or until lightly brown. Time varies depend on the size of your empanada.
Recommended Recipe Video:
Ham and Cheese Empanada are a delicious way to use up leftover ham from a holiday dinner!