Last Updated on January 28, 2015 by Ed Joven
How to make Chocnut Pudding
Chocnut Pudding Recipe is made from the popular King Choc Nut Peanut Milk Chocolate, the favorite snack of the Filipino masses. Yes, the Chocnut bar, my childhood favorite snack is the star ingredient in this steamed bread pudding, a perfect afternoon treat for the kids.
Chocnut Pudding Ingredients:
- 3 cups bread, cubed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of All purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup milk
- 12 pcs. Chocnut bars
Chocnut Pudding Instructions:
- Preheat steamer on low heat. Begin by greasing 6 ramekins with oil or butter. If you don’t have ramekins you can use silicon cups or any tins you have.
- Slice the bread into ½ inch cubes and divide into molds or tins evenly and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light.
- Add the eggs one at a time continue whisking and add the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add sifted all-purpose flour with baking soda and whisk to combine. Lastly, pour the milk and crumbled chocnut and whisk again until well blended.
- Using a ladle pour batter mixture onto the molds or tins and tap the mold gently on a flat surface to let the batter fill the bottom. Let it rest for 5 minutes to soak the bread.
- Place the pudding carefully in a preheated steamer and steam for 30 minutes.
- Cover with clean cloth under the lid, this will prevent your pudding from being soggy.
- When pudding turns soft and it springs back when you touch it is completely done. Fire off your steamer and take out the pudding and let it rest for a couple minutes before taking off from the molds.
Chocnut Pudding Recipe is a perfect afternoon snack for the kids.