Send this Recipe to a Friend...
GD Star Rating
Chicken Mami goes well with a side order of Siopao asado.
Estimated cooking time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 2 litres chicken and vegetable stock
- 1 small cabbage
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 large stalk celery
- 1 large onion
- 250 g Miki noodles
- 3 pcs. cloves
- 2 laurel leaves (bay leaf)
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- salt to taste
Toppings and condiments:
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced into 6 sections each
- 3 heads crushed fried garlic (approx)
- 2 stalks spring onion, thinly sliced or chopped
- calamansi slices
- ground black pepper
- fish sauce
Mami Cooking Instructions:
Cooking will be a bit faster if you have chicken or vegetable stock but it is not necessary. Even it is available, the chicken breasts would still have to be parboiled and if it is not, then the water used to boil the chicken can be used as stock.
Chicken Mami Noodles Soup ( Pancit Mami ),
- Chop one carrot and a quarter of the cabbage.
- Julienne the rest of the carrots and thinly slice the cabbage.
- In a pot, cover chicken in stock or plain water.
- Season with half a teaspoon of salt, whole peppercorns, 3 cloves, laurel and oregano.
- Add chopped carrots and cabbage. Let it boil till chicken is tender.
- Take out chicken so as not to overcook.
- Debone and return bones to the stock.
- Keep it on a low simmer till serving time.
- In a separate pot, boil around a litre of water.
- Drop the fresh noodles and let it come to a rolling boil.
- Take out the noodles as soon as tender but still with some resistance or al dente.
- Wash the noodles in cold or tap water. Drain.
- In the same pot used to cook the noodles, pour in one or two servings worth of the chicken and vegetable broth, half a cup of the julienned carrots and thinly sliced cabbage.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes then add the noodles and pieces of chicken. Pour into bowls as soon as it boils.
- Garnish with the toppings and season with the condiments as desired.
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipes:
Highly Recommended Filipino Recipe Books:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>