How to cook Thai Red Chicken Curry Recipe
Thai Red Chicken Curry Recipe is a simple easy curry recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends. An enduring Thai classic and can easily adapted for vegetarians too.
This delicious Thai red curry recipe has butternut squash, potatoes, mushrooms, and chicken thigh simmered in a red-curry sauce.
Thai Red Chicken Curry Ingredients by Pinoy Recipe dot net:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp red curry paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 large potatoes , peeled and cubed
- 300g butternut squashes , cubed
- 150g green beans
- 12 button mushrooms , halved
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken thighs , cut into cubes or
- 200g raw prawns , peeled
- handful coriander
- fish sauceMaking it low fat:
Rather than overloading this with 400ml high-fat coconut milk, you could use 200ml coconut milk, 200ml milk (plus the additional 250ml milk low fat alternative)
Thai Red Chicken Curry Cooking Procedure:
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or large saucepan and fry 3-4 tbsp curry paste (depending on how hot you want the curry to be) for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and milk, stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Add the potato and butternut squash and cook for about 10 minutes until it is almost tender, add the rest of the veg and thin the sauce with a little water if you need to.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- For the veggies, transfer half the curry to another pan.
- For the non-veggies, add the chicken or prawns to the remaining half.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes until the chicken or prawns are cooked through and season with fish sauce.
- Serve both curries with the coriander sprinkled over and steamed jasmine rice.