Last Updated on July 6, 2016 by Ed Joven
How to make Squid Sisig
Sisig means “to snack on something sour” in Kapampangan language, this recipe has become so popular that it has evolved into many variations like this dish that we are going to make. This is the Squid Sisig Recipe, which is an alternate version of the famous Pork Sisig that uses pork head; this is a fat free dish and very appetizing!
Squid Sisig or Sisig na Pusit is a much healthier version, it is grilled for a few minutes then chopped along with onions, seasoned and served in a sizzling plate. Don’t overcook the squid to avoid it from getting tougher in texture.
Squid Sisig Ingredients:
- 1 kg Squid (pusit)
- 1 tsp Liver spread
- 2 pcs green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 pcs finger Chili, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp liquid seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Canola cooking oil
- 4 pcs scallions, sliced (for garnish)
Squid Sisig Cooking Instructions:
- Clean the squid well, remove the internals of the squid and remove outer skin.
- Rub the salt on the squid and Let it stand for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Then grill the squid for 3 minutes per side, do not overcook.
- Remove the squid from the grill and let it cool.
- Slice or chop the squid into small pieces.
- Add the oil in the frying pan and saute the garlic, onion, chili, and ginger.
- Add the chopped squid and mix well with other ingredients then cook for a minute.
- Add the liver spread, salt, liquid seasoning, bell pepper and soy sauce. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Place it on a sizzling plate, garnish with chopped scallions and sunny side up egg.
- Great as pulutan or with Sinangag.
Squid Sisig Recipe or Sisig na Pusit is the healthier version of the famous Pork Sisig, the squid grilled for a few minutes then chopped along with onions, seasoned and served in a sizzling plate.