Last Updated on November 1, 2018 by Ed Joven
How to cook Spicy Broccoli Bell Pepper Stir-Fry
If you’re a fan of spicy dishes, the Spicy Broccoli Bell Pepper Stir-Fry could be a great recipe to try.
Actually, this much-loved meal is easy to cook plus the sauce itself is really simple to prepare. Although measurements are mentioned below, you may also modify it according to your taste. For example, you can add more red pepper if you want to make the food much spicier. On the other hand, you may also throw in more broccoli if you are a vegetable lover.
Visually, this recipe is a joy to look at because it is colorful and attractive. In fact, it perfectly suits the spirit of Christmas because of its red and green colors.
Apart from that, however, the best thing about broccoli is that it brings many significant health benefits. Besides, this vegetable is particularly rich in fiber and has been proven good for promoting body detoxification. Vitamins A, D, and K are also found in broccoli, making it a fantastic pick for a veggie. To know more about the Health Benefits of Broccoli visit this article – Top 10 Health Benefits of Broccoli.
With this recipe for Spicy Broccoli Bell Pepper Stir-Fry, you will be able to enjoy your beloved vegetable with a little twist and a lot of spice. Go try this one in your kitchen and serve it to your family. You’ll be surprised how this classic broccoli recipe will be well-received by everyone!
Spicy Broccoli Bell Pepper Stir-Fry by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Spicy Broccoli Bell Pepper Stir-Fry Recipe
Spicy Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Patis or fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper flakes add more if you want more spicy
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
Broccoli Stir-Fry Ingredients
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 thin slice ginger about the size of a quarter, peeled and minced
- 1 bunch broccoli cut into florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 small sized Carrot cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds for toppings
- Mix together all the Stir-Fry Sauce in a small bowl, .
- Heat a large saute pan and add oil.
- Add in the garlic and ginger then stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add broccoli florets and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the Sesame oil and Stir-Fry Sauce then toss well all the veggies.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped red bell pepper and carrots then cover.
- Cook until the Broccoli is just tender but still a bit crisp, then sprinkle on top with a few sesame seeds.
- Remove from the pan and serve with steamed rice.
This easy to cook Spicy Broccoli Bell Pepper Stir-Fry Recipe looks like Christmas with little specks of Red Bell Pepper and Carrots strewn throughout.