How to cook Chocolate Meringue Cookies
Chocolate Meringue Cookies Recipe is an excellent dessert for kids and kids at heart that will surely satisfy the cravings of the sweet tooth in you. These chocolate cookie tastes heavenly which, when you eat it, seem to melt in your mouth. These are made with egg whites, beaten and baked until crisp with a light and airy texture.
Making Chocolate Meringue Cookies needs to be cooked slow and at a low temperature, and then let it cool in the oven to avoid it from cracking. That being said, it is not advisable to cook it on a rainy day since humidity can make the Meringue crack, so it is best to bake it on a fine dry day. This recipe yields 3 dozen of meringue cookies.
Chocolate Meringue Cookies Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup Confectioner “icing sugar”, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 cup ground cashews
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 6 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Chocolate Meringue Cookies Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 200F and Line your baking sheets with good quality parchment paper and draw an outline for easy guidelines.
- Sift together powdered sugar, cocoa powder and ground cashews in a mixing bowl and whisk to blend well ad set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer whip the egg whites and a pinch of salt over medium speed until turning opaque.
- Increase to medium-high speed and continue to whip adding 1 tablespoon at a time until all sugar used and egg whites are shiny and hold a stiff peak.
- Lastly, beat in the vanilla extract and whip just enough to incorporate.
- Using a large rubber spatula gently fold in dry ingredients into the whipped egg whites in four additions until well blended.
- The mixture will deflate a little bit, so fold quickly and gently to minimize the deflation.
- Transfer meringue mixture in a prepared piping bag with any type of tips you like or you can simply drop the meringue mixture by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets spacing them a couple inches.
- For a shiny finish dust the tops lightly with powdered sugar before baking.
- Bake at 200F for about 50-65 minutes without opening the oven door.
- Remove from the oven and allow meringues to cool down before peeling off from the parchment paper to avoid breaking these fragile cookies.
- Serve with coffee and store extra cookies in an airtight container to preserve the meringue cookies.
- You can also pack these cookies by two’s in a clear plastic, seal it or tie with string or ribbon and share it with friends.