Last Updated on November 13, 2014 by Ed Joven
Try this delicious Choco Crinkles
The Filipinos love sweet foodstuff. One of the satisfying and mouth-watering desserts is the Filipino Choco Crinkles recipe. They are soft and delicious fudge-like cookie coated in confectioner’s sugar. The visible cracks on the surface make kids and adults crave for its chocolatey and incredibly tasty.
Choco Crinkles recipe is created and baked with love. Making these tasty cookies are demanding, especially in forming them into small balls. Besides, the Choco Crinkles Recipe has a unique feature that any cookie-lover likes. This is the crunchy outside of the chocolate crinkles and spongy insides of the cookie.
Choco Crinkle cookies are also perfect as gifts for any occasions. Be it on birthdays, Valentine’s or Christmas, it will surely bring a delightful smile to the receiver. So go and make your delicious Filipino Choco Crinkles Recipe.
Choco Crinkles Ingredients:
- 1 cup Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Coffee
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup Confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Choco Crinkles Cooking Instructions:
- Using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, pour-in the white sugar, cocoa powder, and vegetable oil into the mixing bowl beat all the ingredients until it becomes a shiny, black dough. In case you don’t have a high-end electric mixer you can a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients together.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, mixing it for about 30 seconds each.
- In a another bowl, whisk and combine the baking powder, flour, coffee and salt.
- On a low speed mix into the chocolate mixture until all the ingredients are just combined, make sure not to overbeat.
- Using a plastic wrap, cover the dough and chill it overnight or about 4 hours if you have time to bake it the same day.
- Pre-heat Oven to 350°F then line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pour-in Confectioner’s sugar in a separate bowl.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop clumps of dough and roll them using your hands into one-inched sized balls.
- Next roll the dough balls into confectioner’s sugar then place on the Cookie sheets, you can make 12 to 16 balls on each cookie sheet.
- Bake it for 12 minutes, then allow to cool for 2 minutes on the sheets before you transfer the cookies to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Best served with Hot Coffee.
This Choco Crinkles recipe is created and baked with love.