How to cook Kangkong Fritters
Kangkong Fritters is a very nutritious snack and an ideal appetizer, when cooked the Kangkong become very crispy just like the commercial chips, you’ll forget you are eating Kangkong.
This dish is very easy to cook, very much like your typical vegetable tempura where you dip the Kangkong leaves to a batter and deep fried until golden brown.
This recipe is good for 6 persons, preparation will take 30 minutes and cooking time will take more or less 30 minutes.
Filipino Kangkong Fritters Ingredients:
- 1 bunch or tali of Kangkong
- 3 cups of Iced cold water (must add Ice cubes)
- 2 cups Cooking Oil for Deep frying
For Batter Recipe
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Egg
For Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Calamansi or Lemon Juice
- pinch of Sugar
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 pcs Siling Labuyo or 1 Chili (optional)
Filipino Kangkong Fritters Cooking Instructions:
- Wash and clean the Kangkong
- Remove the leaves of kangkong then cut stems to 2 inches long. Set aside.
- Soak the leaves and stalk in the Iced wateer for 15 minutes
- Mix all the dipping sauce ingredients and set aside
- In a deep bowl mix all the batter ingredients, mix well until the batter is smooth
- Drain and pat dry the Kangkong leaves and stalks using paper towels.
- In a frying pan pour the cooking oil and heat it.
- Dip the leaves and stalks into the batter then fry it. You can fry it by four to five pieces at a time depends on the size of your frying pan.
- Cook until the leaves become crispy or for about 40 seconds to 1 minute on each side.
- Once cooked remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with the dipping sauce
- Another alternative dip is mayonnaise mixed with ketchup, or serve with your favorite Ranch or Ceasar Salad dressing as dips.
Enjoy this Filipino Kangkong Fritters Recipe.