How to make Buko Pie
Buko Pie Recipe is a popular Filipino delicacy in the southern regions of Luzon especially in Laguna Province. It is known that whenever tourists or travelers whose in Laguna, they don’t leave the place without buying buko pie because it serves as a traditional pasalubong treat or homecoming gift that every Filipino does when they visit the place.
Buko Pie is made with a pie crust and a filling of creamy coconut juice, young coconut meat, fresh milk or condensed milk, sugar and cornstarch. This Buko Pie dessert is an excellent mid-afternoon snacks, paired with your favorite coolers or popularly known here in the Philippines as “samalamig”. This one is the meaty version of Buko Pie.
- 3 cups fresh Buko Meat (young coconut meat)
- 1/2 cup Coconut juice
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Reserved the Buko Juice then clean the Buko with running water, and drain it.
- Scrape all coconut meat with a spoon, but be careful not to include the brown skin because it will give a bitter taste when included.
- In a clean bowl, place the scraped coconut meat, then set aside.
- Prepare the Buko pie filling by combining the evaporated milk, coconut juice, cornstarch and sugar in a large saucepan and mix well until the cornstarch and sugar dissolves.
- In a medium heat bring to a boil the mixture, then while stirring constantly add the coconut meat and cook until it thickens.
- Bring the heat to low then add the vanilla extract and butter.
- Mix well until the Buko mixture becomes glossy and smooth in texture then remove from the fire.
- Let the buko mixture cool for about 10 minutes then pour it on the baked pie crust.
- Chill it for an hour or 2 before serving.
Buko Pie Recipe
is a favorite pasalubong
that Filipinos love giving their families and friends
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Ube Milkshake Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>