Last Updated on November 1, 2018 by Ed Joven
How to cook Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
Looking for a dessert that can easily be shared by many during a birthday party without having to cause so much mess? Try to substitute your regular chocolate cake recipe, with this very delectable cupcake recipe. It is a Strawberry cupcake with Strawberry Buttercream frosting. Sounds good doesn’t it? It is a simple and easy yet sweet and tasty dessert that will knock off the socks of any child or adult, an easy recipe that packs a punch of flavors.
Cupcakes have been around on this planet even before your grandmother’s grandmother. It was simply seen as a cake in small cups. Many variations of it came out as its cooking and its taste developed through the years. And now it is has developed to what we know as a very light, moist and decadent dessert that can be eaten on the go.
Learn this new Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting Recipe for your next party, any child and/or adult would enjoy such a delectable dessert.
Strawberry Cupcakes w/ Strawberry Buttercream Frosting by Filipino Recipes Portal
Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 3 ⁄4 cup fresh strawberries sliced in half
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄4 cup milk
- 1 ⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 3 tablespoons fresh strawberries pureed
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 1 ⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Using cupcake liners, place 12 liners in a muffin pan and set to the side.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and set a side.
- In a food processor or blender add strawberries and process until pureed.
- Empty pureed strawberries into a 1/3c measuring cup and set aside. Add rest of strawberry puree to a small bowl and set aside to use in the frosting.
- Using a electric mixer with bowl, cream butter on medium high speed until lightly fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar and continue to mix until well blended. Reduce speed to low and slowly add one egg and egg whites and mix until lightly blended.
- Add vanilla extract if using.
- Mix together milk and 1/3c strawberry puree.
- Alternate flour and milk mixture to mixer slowly ending with flour. Scrap down sides of bowl and continue to blend well.
- Using a ice cream scoop or tablespoon, add batter to prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool cupcakes completely on a wire rack before adding the frosting.
How to make the Strawberry Frosting:
- Using a electric mixer with bowl, add 1 cup butter (soften) and salt and blend on medium high until fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and add powdered sugar and blend well.
- Add vanilla extract and 3TBS of the strawberry puree, blend well.
- Using a knife frost the cupcakes and top with decorative candies.
Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting is an an easy recipe that packs a punch of flavors, great for birthdays and other special occasions.